Industry News Desk
Cloudworks CEO Speaking Next Week at SYS-CON's Cloud Computing Expo November 19-21 in Silicon Valley
Mike Eaton will discuss the challenges of Marketing A Paradigm Shift
Nov. 15, 2008 07:50 AM
"We shouldn’t be surprised that mainstream business is approaching cloud computing with caution," notes Cloudworks CEO Mike Eaton, who will be giving a session next week on the challenges of Marketing a Paradigm Shift at SYS-CON's 1st International Cloud Computing Conferecne & Expo (November 19-21, 2008) being held at The Fairmont Hotel in San Jose, CA.
"Businesses have many concerns about moving their data to the cloud, some legitimate and some irrational," Eaton continues. "All these concerns need to be overcome in order for a widespread adoption of Cloud computing to occur."
His session will discuss the obstacles to getting customers to embrace the concept of cloud computing and how to overcome them.
This session will cover topics such as the dangers of preaching to the converted, why “better” isn’t good enough when moving customers away from the familiar, and communicating the benefits without getting lost in the technical details.
Between them, Eaton and the other distinguished speakers at 1st International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo will be covering every aspect of the hottest IT topic for years, with not just Amazon but also IBM, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Intel, HP and a host of others all offering, using or developing high-end computing services typically described as “cloud computing” - through which massively scalable IT-related capabilities are provided as a service using Internet technologies.
Forrester Research analyst James Staten calls cloud computing "classic disruptive innovation - where the mainstream dismisses the product and small companies have time to create a real differentiated value." But there are so many offerings just now that what infrastructure architects are looking for above all is a set of organizing principles they can use to guide them in choosing between them all.
Such principles. and a host of associated topics, will be addressed in San Jose by a Top Speaker Faculty that includes:
- Dr Werner Vogels - VP & CTO, Amazon.com (Keynote)
- Mike Feinberg - Senior Vice President, Cloud Infrastructure Group, EMC
- Steve Herrod - CTO, VMware
- David Bernstein - VP & GM of Network Applications Infrastructure, Cisco
- Rob Weltman - Director of Grid Services, Yahoo!
- Peter Nickolov - President CTO, 3tera
- Kevin Haar - President & CEO, Appistry
- Songnian Zhou - Co-Founder & CEO, Platform Computing
- Patrick Harr - CEO, Nirvanix
- Gerrit Huizenga - Cloud Solutions Architect, IBM
- John Keagy - CEO & Co-Founder, GoGrid/ServePath
- Sajai Krishnan - CEO, ParaScale
- Reuven Cohen - Founder & Chief Technologist, Enomaly
- Mike Eaton - CEO, Cloudworks
- Jonathan Bryce - Founder at Mosso (Rackspace)
- Nati Shalom - CTO, GigaSpaces
- Don MacAskill - CEO & Chief Geek, SmugMug
- Billy Marshall - Founder & Chief Strategy Officer, rPath
- Dr Thorsten von Eicken - CTO & Founder, RightScale
- Jonathan Pyke - Chief Strategy Office, Cordys
- Jason Stowe - Founder & CEO, Cycle Computing
- David Young - Co-Founder & CEO, Joyent
- Dave Durkee - Founder, CEO & Technical Director, ENKI
- John Janakiraman - CTO, Skytap
- Stuart Charlton - Chief Software Architect, Elastra
- Lars Leckie, Principal, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
- Dr Rich Wolski - Professor, U.C. Santa Barbara
- Javier Soltero - Co-Founder & CEO of Hyperic
- Omer Trajman - Director of Field Engineering, Vertica Systems
- Rachel Chalmers - Senior Analyst, Enterprise Software, The 451 Group
and with a special Cloud Bootcamp on November 20 led by
- Alan Williamson, Founder at Blog-City.com, Creator of BlueDragon
All breakout sessions are all listed in further detail here.
Speaker Faculty - SYS-CON's 1st International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo
Register Today for Cloud Computing Expo and Save $100 !
Sponsorship and Exhibit Opportunities
Sponsorship and Exhibit Opportunities Offered on a First-Come First-Served Basis. To inquire about sponsorship and exhibit opportunities please contact Carmen Gonzalez at 201-802-3021 or by email at events(at)sys-con.com. Currently, a limited number of sponsorship and exhibition packages with multiple sponsorship discounts are available for the upcoming events.