Industry News Desk
Cloud Computing Keynote at SYS-CON's Cloud Computing Expo November 19-21 in Silicon Valley
Werner Vogels, Amazon CTO, to Keynote in San Jose, CA, on "The Power of Infrastructure as a Service"
Nov. 14, 2008 06:15 AM
In his Cloud Computing Keynote in San Jose, CA, on November 20th - entitled "A Head in the Cloud - The Power of Infrastructure as a Service" - the CTO of Amazon.com, Werner Vogels, will discuss the many challenges when building a reliable, flexible architecture that can manage unpredictable behaviors of today's Internet business.
Building the right infrastructure that can scale up or down at a moment's notice, notes Amazon.com's VP & CTO Dr Werner Vogels, can be a complicated and expensive task. "But it's essential in today's business landscape," adds Vogels, who is the distinguished Keynote Speaker at SYS-CON's upcoming Cloud Computing Expo (November 19-21, 2008), a groundbreaking adjunct to the 4th International Virtualization Conference & Expo in San Jose, CA (19-21 November, 2008). "This applies to an enterprise trying to cut-costs, a young business unexpectedly saturated with customer demand, or a start-up looking to launch," Vogels stresses.
His presentation will review some of the lessons learned from building one of the world's largest distributed systems; Amazon.com. The focus will be on state management which is one of the dominating factors in the scalability, reliability, performance and cost-effectiveness of the overall system.
Vogels heads up a star-studded lineup of speakers covering the hottest IT topic for years, with not just Amazon but also IBM, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Intel, HP and a host of others all offering, using or developing high-end computing services typically described as “cloud computing” - through which massively scalable IT-related capabilities are provided as a service using Internet technologies.
Forrester Research analyst James Staten calls cloud computing "classic disruptive innovation - where the mainstream dismisses the product and small companies have time to create a real differentiated value." But there are so many offerings just now that what infrastructure architects are looking for above all is a set of organizing principles they can use to guide them in choosing between them all.
Such principles. and a host of associated topics, will be addressed in San Jose by a Top Speaker Faculty that includes:
- Dr Werner Vogels - VP & CTO, Amazon.com (Keynote)
- Mike Feinberg - Senior Vice President, Cloud Infrastructure Group, EMC
- Rob Weltman - Director of Grid Services, Yahoo!
- David Bernstein - VP & GM of Network Applications Infrastructure, Cisco
- Peter Nickolov - President CTO, 3tera
- Kevin Haar - President & CEO, Appistry
- Songnian Zhou - Co-Founder & CEO, Platform Computing
- Patrick Harr - CEO, Nirvanix
- Gerrit Huizenga - Cloud Solutions Architect, IBM
- John Keagy - CEO & Co-Founder, GoGrid/ServePath
- Sajai Krishnan - CEO, ParaScale
- Reuven Cohen - Founder & Chief Technologist, Enomaly
- Mike Eaton - CEO, Cloudworks
- Jonathan Bryce - Founder at Mosso (Rackspace)
- Nati Shalom - CTO, GigaSpaces
- Don MacAskill - CEO & Chief Geek, SmugMug
- Billy Marshall - Founder & CEO, rPath
- Dr Thorsten von Eicken - CTO & Founder, RightScale
- Vik Chaudhary -VP of Corporate Development, Keynote Systems
- Jason Stowe - Founder & CEO, Cycle Computing
- David Young - Co-Founder & CEO, Joyent
- Dave Durkee - Founder, CEO & Technical Director, ENKI
- John Janakiraman - CTO, Skytap
- Stuart Charlton - Chief Software Architect, Elastra
- Lars Leckie, Principal, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
- Dr Rich Wolski - Professor, U.C. Santa Barbara
- Javier Soltero - Co-Founder & CEO of Hyperic
- Omer Trajman - Director of Field Engineering, Vertica Systems
- Rachel Chalmers - Senior Analyst, Enterprise Software, The 451 Group
- Ken Gardner - Executive Chairman, SOASTA
- Michael Cupps - VO, Online Markets, Cordys
and with a special Cloud Computing Bootcamp led by
- Alan Williamson, Founder at Blog-City.com, Creator of BlueDragon
All breakout sessions are all listed in further detail here.
Register Today for Cloud Computing Expo and Save $200 ! Plus attend Cloud Computing Bootcamp AT NO EXTRA CHARGE
Sponsorship and Exhibit Opportunities
Sponsorship and Exhibit Opportunities Offered on a First-Come First-Served Basis. To inquire about sponsorship and exhibit opportunities please contact Carmen Gonzalez at 201-802-3021 or by email at events(at)sys-con.com. Currently, a limited number of sponsorship and exhibition packages with multiple sponsorship discounts are available for the upcoming events.