.NET News Desk
Embarcadero Extends CodeGear
CodeGear RAD Studio 2009 is Embarcadero’s flagship product for Windows and .NET platforms
Dec. 1, 2008 05:04 PM
Embarcadero Technologies today announced the general availability of CodeGear RAD Studio 2009, a complete rapid application development solution that gives ISV, business, and science and engineering software developers everything they need for building native Windows®, .NET, Web and database applications – regardless of what database they connect to or embed.
CodeGear RAD Studio 2009, Embarcadero’s flagship product for Windows and .NET platforms, combines the rapid application development capabilities of Delphi® 2009 and C++Builder® 2009 with the recently introduced .NET development capabilities of Delphi Prism™. This combination of products provides developers with a complete environment that supports both low-level native Windows development and higher-level managed .NET code. In addition, the newly redefined RAD Studio Architect edition includes Embarcadero ER/Studio® Developer Edition for rapid application development with powerful database modeling and design capabilities.
According to Michael Swindell, Vice President of Products for Embarcadero, “As it becomes increasingly important to do more faster, and with fewer resources, RAD Studio 2009 helps developers and teams address IT, departmental and ISV software development requirements quickly and with high quality. RAD Studio 2009 is the only rapid development solution for native Windows development, and now adds the flexibility to also reach .NET on Windows, and Linux and Mac OS X via Mono.
RAD Studio provides .NET developers with the following key features:
• The completely new Delphi Prism development environment, which is powered by the RemObjects Oxygene™ compiler
• The ability to take advantage of the latest and greatest .NET technologies such as WinForms, WPF, ADO.NET, ASP.NET and LINQ
• Deployment support for the MONO platform on Mac OS X and Linux
• The ability to develop database applications using familiar dbExpress functionality and create .NET clients that connect to native DataSnap servers
RAD Studio enables native Windows developers to:
• Easily create applications that handle global data using new Unicode support throughout the IDE and Visual Component Library (VCL)
• Modernize user interfaces with the new and enhanced VCL controls
• Leverage modern language features in Delphi such as generics and anonymous methods as well as early support for C++0x standards in C++Builder
• Build powerful, efficient and secure database applications by separating data and business logic with new DataSnap
• Get new insight into database structures with data modeling and visualization in the Architect edition
“With the addition of Delphi Prism to RAD Studio, our dream to develop on other platforms has come true,” says Mauricio Buso, Development Director of OneSolution Brasil. “Now, we can make a great DataSnap server in Delphi 2009, and deploy our client solutions using .NET, Mono platforms for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and more. Delphi Prism brings us a new level of development and opens up new frontiers.”
RAD Studio is available in three editions: RAD Studio Professional for building applications with local database connectivity; RAD Studio Enterprise for building client/server and multi-tier database and web applications; and RAD Studio Architect, which includes powerful database modeling and design capabilities. For more information, please visit: http://www.codegear.com/products/radstudio.